Are you familiar with that tightness in your shoulders, because of the many work deadlines you have to meet? Maybe, it is the consistent headaches that you have, just thinking about the day to day of life? Is it your overactive mind trying to figure out your finances? Is it possible that you are dealing with stress? Massage has become increasingly popular as a treatment modality for stress reduction.
The Power of a Massage
- Massage therapy can increase the release of the body’s natural painkiller, endorphins.
- It triggers serotonin that can regulate behaviour, attitude, and body temperature.
- It helps with the reduction of muscle tension, stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system through trigger point therapy.
- It reduces blood pressure by calming the sympathetic nervous system.
- It can effectively release tension headaches.
- Massage improves sleep and can aid in direct release of melatonin.